Programs Adult Mental Health & Disability Services
Adult MHDS Services Eligibility
- Is at least eighteen years of age (a youth receiving publicly funded children's services and will turn 18 within three months may also be considered eligible).
- Is a resident of one of the counties within the CSS region.
- Is a United States citizen or in the United States legally.
- Gross income is at or below 150% of current Federal Poverty Guidelines (some individuals may be eligible for region funding with cost-share as specified in CSS Policies & Procedures).
- Countable resources must be equal to, or less than, $2,000 for a single-person household or $3,000 for a multi-person household.
- Diagnosis of mental illness and/or intellectual disability. Diagnosis of developmental disability and brain injury are also acceptable as long as funds are available.
*See County Social Services Policies & Procedures for more detail.
Getting Started: Service Coordination
Our service coordinators will work with you to secure funding and connect you to local providers to address your needs. To access this service, contact your local service area supervisor:
- Sheri Vierkant: (641) 251-1381
North Service Area Supervisor
- Sarah Janssen: (641) 251-1703
South Service Area Supervisor
- Todd Rickert: (319) 939-6472
Regional Coordinator of Adult Services
Outpatient services including psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and therapy can be accessed through our Community Mental Health Centers.
Adult Crisis Services
Mobile Crisis Response
On-site, in-person interventions for those experiencing a mental health crisis. This service is free to access for all youth and adults in the CSS region. To access this service, call Your Life Iowa: 855-581-8111.
Crisis Stabilization Residential-Based Services
Short-term services provided in a facility-based setting with the goal to stabilize then reintegrate the individual back into the community.
Crisis Stabilization Community-Based Services
A program designed to stabilize an acute crisis episode and to restore an individual and family to their pre-crisis level of functioning.
Behavioral Health Inpatient Treatment
Utilized to stabilize an individual with an acute psychiatric condition
23 Hour Observation and Holding
A level of care provided for up to 23 hours in a secure and protected, medically staffed, psychiatrically supervised treatment environment.
CSS Crisis Provider Contact Point:
Monica Paulsen: (319) 505-3991
CSS Transition Specialist
Documents & Next Steps
If you are interested in the program, visit our Documents & Policies page to review our policies and procedures, rights and responsibilities, privacy practices, and more. You can also fill out an online pre-screen form or download an application.